How to fix WiFi connected but no Internet access: Your computer is connected to the internet but don’t have any internet access is a nice very common problem which everybody faces sometimes within their lives. Now you ask why this error haunts you? I am talking about when everything was working perfectly then why suddenly you need to face this error?.
Well, let’s just say there are many perimeters which could cause a real problem, first being software updates or new installation which could get a new registry value. Sometimes your computer can’t obtain IP or DNS address automatically although it is yet another driver issue but don’t worry because within these cases its a fairly fixable issue so without wasting at any time lets learn how to repair WiFi connected but no internet access issue.
How To Resolve WiFi Connected but No Internet Access
Method 1: Uninstall Wireless Drivers
- Press Windows key + R, then type “devmgmt.msc” thus hitting. Enter to open up device manager.
- Expand Network adapters and right-click for the Wireless network card.
- Select uninstall, if requested for confirmation select yes.
- After uninstallation is completed click action and after that select “Scan for hardware changes”.
- These devices manager will automatically install the wireless drivers.
- Now choose a wireless network and set up a connection.
- Open Network and Sharing Center and after that click “Change adapter settings”.
- Finally right click WiFi and choose Disable.
- After a matter of minutes again Enable it.
- Now right click the network icon and choose “Troubleshoot Problems”.
- Let troubleshooter automatically fix the problem.
- Reboot to utilize changes.
Method 2: Obtain Internet Protocol Address and DNS Server Address Automatically
- Right-click Network icon and choose “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- Now click your connection i.e. the wireless network that you’re connected to.
- In WiFi, status Window clicks properties.
- Select IP version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on properties.
- Generally, tab, click on get the IP automatically and get DNS server address automatically.
- Reboot your computer to see if you’re allowed to fix WiFi connected but no access to the internet.
Method 3: Try Resetting TCP/IP or Winsock
- Right-click Windows button and choose “Command Prompt (admin)”.
- Now type the next command one at a time thus hitting enter.
- Reboot to use changes.
Method 4: Edit Registry Key
- Press Windows key + R then type “regedit” thus hitting enter.
- In Registry look at the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServiceNlaSvcParametersInternet
- Look for the real key “Enable Active Probing” as well as set its value to one.
- Finally, reboot and after that see if the issue persists or perhaps not.
Method 5: Automatically Detect Proxy Settings
- In Windows search box type “internet properties” or click on to open up it.
- Now visit connections tab and after that click LAN settings.
- Be sure that “Automatically detect settings” is checked and “Use a proxy server for LAN” is unchecked.
- Click OK and after that click apply.
- Finally, Reboot your laptop just to save changes and look if you’re allowed to fix WiFi connected but no access to the internet.
Method 6: Remove Bonjour Services
- Navigate to C:Program FilesBonjour.
- Rename the mdnsNSP.dll file in this folder to mdnsNSP.old.
- Restart your laptop.
- Try uninstalling Bonjour and after that delete the Bonjour folder.
- Restart to make use of changes.
Method 7: Malwarebytes and Clean Boot
- Download, then install Malwarebytes.
- Run Antimalware and follow on the screen instructions.
- Press Windows key + R then type msconfig thus hitting enter to open up system configuration settings.
- Select Boot Tab then click Safe boot with Network under Boot options.
- Click apply accompanied by OK.
- Finally, in safe boot try and look at your connection to the internet if working. Refresh or Reset your laptop.
That’s it you’ve successfully learned How to fix WiFi connected but no internet access, so keep on enjoying your internet again.